men of all ages making tough life decisions
As a therapist, when I work with a man, no matter his age in years, I seek to know the story he has created for himself, and the story that he believes others have placed upon him. This model of “narrative therapy” is the underpinning of how I help men who are going through a difficult transition in life. Sometimes, the story of who a man has always wanted to be lies in his parental role models. Other times, its genesis lies in one or more defining moments in a man’s life…trauma, a fall from grace, the death of a family member, not making the basketball team, or losing a friend or a partner.
The stories that a man creates for himself are often complex and held onto tightly…sometimes life-affirming and other times, destructive. Where does your happiness lie, I query. Tell me about the fire in your heart, I ask.
I’m happy to offer men’s counseling services to help you work through the decisions you need to make in your life. Reach out today using the links to the right of this page to schedule an appointment.
More comfortable in a group setting?
We Offer A Weekly Men’s Process Group:
The mission of this group is for men to support and challenge each other to be the best possible person they can be in their lives.
Specifically, this group is for men who want…
- to learn how to be more emotionally present in their intimate relationships
- to understand how their anger can be expressed in healthy and constructive ways
- to improve their relationship with money
- to look at what’s holding them back from finding a satisfying intimate relationship
- extra support in facing life’s complexities with an open heart and a discerning mind
- to experience being emotionally connected with other men while keeping their manhood and sense of humor
- support to be the best Dad they can be to their kids
- to be held accountable for the goals they set for themselves
- to get clear about what their vision is for their life
- to engage with their sexuality in more fulfilling and satisfying ways
- to learn about power in relationships
- to stay curious and engaged when faced with opposing viewpoints
Space is available!
When: Every Thursday evening from 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Where: 0333 SW Flower (St John’s Landing)
A faint flicker of light is in my chest
Where once there was a fire.
There was a time when I knew
what was right
When I was not ashamed
or scared to laugh
and move on.
A time when I strongly but gently
held a baby
or a partner
or a ball or paddle
or a document or a decision.
and I would look in the mirror and go to bed without